Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Too Young To Retire?


I'm just revising a piece for my May monthly article that will appear on Officer.com (click on the link to read my April column). In the coming piece, I discuss the issue of mandatory retirement for law enforcement. Years ago, Congress passed legislation requiring federal law enforcement officers to retire at age 57--that was then, this is now. One of the many things that have changed in the last twenty years is health and fitness. There have been programs implemented that have caused the workforce to be healthier and stronger. Indeed, life expectancy in the U.S. has risen to age seventy-eight. To force a person to retire in his fifties means that individual is potentially looking at twenty-five years or more of reduced income and/or inactivity.


My article will go live on Officer.com May 3rd; I'll supply a link next month.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Get My Books On Kindle!

Watch a book trailer for TARGETED!

Chicago Warriors Thriller Series

Watch a trailer for Gripped.

My Shelfari Bookshelf

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog

Gift Store

SIBA Signing

SIBA Signing

TotalRecall at SIBA

TotalRecall at SIBA

Debut Novel