Monday, April 26, 2010

The Query Letter


What separates published authors from those who are not? I submit that it's not talent, or a compelling story, no, more than likely it's the query letter. I ran across a great article about that topic here: The Query Letter, it's written by Garly Samailes, who has ten books in print by four separate publishers.


I urge you to read his blog. In it he shares his secret: the four paragraph approach to a query letter. It makes a lot of sense, and includes some of the things I've blogged about earlier, things like web presence via your own website, Twitter, FaceBook, and other social networks.


After you've read that entry, click on some of the other informative links on his site. It's a great blog to follow, which is another way to improve your chance of writing success.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Get My Books On Kindle!

Watch a book trailer for TARGETED!

Chicago Warriors Thriller Series

Watch a trailer for Gripped.

My Shelfari Bookshelf

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog

Gift Store

SIBA Signing

SIBA Signing

TotalRecall at SIBA

TotalRecall at SIBA

Debut Novel