Friday, June 4, 2010

You Are Your Own Best Publicist

I'm at the doctor's office this morning, reading my Kindle as I await my turn to be seen. A woman is leaving and sees me, she asks, "Is that a Kindle?" I reply that it is, and a conversation ensues in which we discuss e-readers (she has a Barnes & Noble Nook e-reader).

Being always prepared, I hand her one of my bookmarks which contains information about both my novels. I tell her that it's available on Kindle and other readers; she is interested and reveals that she manages the B & N in Alexandria. A few moments later we agree to arrange a book signing.

The bottom line of this chance meeting? No one can market you, better than you. Always be prepared to sell yourself and your work.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Get My Books On Kindle!

Watch a book trailer for TARGETED!

Chicago Warriors Thriller Series

Watch a trailer for Gripped.

My Shelfari Bookshelf

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog

Gift Store

SIBA Signing

SIBA Signing

TotalRecall at SIBA

TotalRecall at SIBA

Debut Novel