Monday, July 18, 2011

Help For Writing

I'm flying home from Vegas today where I attended the Public Safety Writers Assoc Convention. My trip was fruitful, in that I delivered a well-received presentation on the subject of "Developing Undercover Characters for Your Mystery/Thriller." I also won seven various awards for writing; but the First Place award for fiction novel (TARGETED) is the one I most cherish.


I met a multi-talented man, C.Scott Wyatt, who has a doctorate from the Department of Writing Studies at the University of Minnesota. His doctoral work explored teaching writing using technology, focusing on students who have special needs. Scott graduated from the University of Southern California with degrees in English and journalism. He also earned a master’s degree in composition and rhetoric from California State University, Fresno. 


His website, Tameri Guide for Writers, is chock full of information. I recommend Scott's site as an additional resource for you, my fellow writers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Get My Books On Kindle!

Watch a book trailer for TARGETED!

Chicago Warriors Thriller Series

Watch a trailer for Gripped.

My Shelfari Bookshelf

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog

Gift Store

SIBA Signing

SIBA Signing

TotalRecall at SIBA

TotalRecall at SIBA

Debut Novel