Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Basic Mistakes


We all make them, mistakes that seem obvious . . . afterward. As the words are flowing and ideas are popping in our head like kernels of corn floating in hot grease, we fall into them, naturally. Writer's Digest came up with a short list of 8 Basic Writing Blunders. I could add to the list, but at the risk of embarrassing myself, I'll pass only these eight on to you. It's good stuff; a great reminder about how important it is to be concise and not over-state the obvious.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for posting this, John, very interesting. I knew most of it but it's nice to have it validated and detailed.

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

Get My Books On Kindle!

Watch a book trailer for TARGETED!

Chicago Warriors Thriller Series

Watch a trailer for Gripped.

My Shelfari Bookshelf

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog

Gift Store

SIBA Signing

SIBA Signing

TotalRecall at SIBA

TotalRecall at SIBA

Debut Novel